The Caldera Hike
Enjoy a guided walking tour on Santorini’s most impressive path, right on the rim of the famous volcanic caldera. Follow the footsteps of ancient merchants, farmers and sailors, and experience a once in a lifetime adventure at the edge of the super volcano that inspired the myth of Atlantis.
Your local guide will take you through traditional whitewashed settlements, at the only inhabited caldera in the world. Marvel at the azure sea and the breathtaking landscape, learning about the rich myths and history of Santorini. Starting from Fira and ending in Oia, you will enjoy extraordinary views, visit unique places of interest and capture exceptional photographic moments.
With this Santorini Walking Tour you will immerse yourselves into the island life, enjoying the bright sky, the endless horizon, and the true wonder of nature that Santorini is.
Like this tour? Be our guest!
- Expert guidance through the settlements of Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and the outskirts of Oia
- Explore gorgeous scenery and secret spots
- Discover blue-domed churches, and learn about local customs and myths
- Hike on cobblestone paths and rugged volcanic terrain, marvel at vineyards, and discover timeless terraced gardens
- Walk through quaint villages where minimalist villas cling to the stunning cliffside
- Capture picture perfect panoramas
- Complimentary round trip transfers
- English speaking experienced local walking guide
- Snack and refreshment (small group tours) or meze lunch at an authentic Greek restaurant (private tours)
Duration: approximately 4 ½ hours / 10 km – 6 miles
Cost: 85 Euros per person including taxes – family/group discounts available
Level of difficulty: Moderate-Difficult on various terrain and elevation gain/loss (good level of fitness required – route can be amended to accommodate everybody)
Group size: Maximum 6 persons – private/customized tours available upon request
Tour specifics: Available March 1st – October 31st. Starts at 9:00 am